What is BITSAT ?
BITSAT (short for BITS Admission Test) is an online (computer-based) entrance examination for admission to integrated first-degree programs of BITS Pilani (Pilani, Goa, Hyderabad campuses). BITSAT is being conducted since 2005 and is one of the most competitive engineering entrance exams in India. Three years ago, more than 1.86 lakh engineering aspirants had taken BITSAT 2014, competing for getting one of the 2,250 seats available across BITS campuses in India.
BITS Pilani has 3 campuses in India. Besides the main Pilani Campus, BITS has campuses in Goa and Hyderabad. Apart from these three cities, BITS Pilani is also planning to operate in different cities. Undergraduate programs will be offered in all 3 campuses based on scores in BITSAT 2022. Besides, BITS Pilani also offers several postgraduate and other programs.
BITSAT 2022 is an online test. Students are tested in areas of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Logical Reasoning, and English. BITSAT 2022 score shall be used for admission in BITS Pilani, BITS Hyderabad, and BITS Goa Campuses. The BITS Pilani calls engineering degree programs for undergraduate students as Integrated First-Degree Program.
For appearing in BITSAT 2022 no special computer skills are required. It is the candidate's competitive ability in physics, chemistry, and mathematics that will help them secure a place in BITSAT 2022 Merit. The degrees earned from BITS Pilani are considered equivalent to degrees awarded from any other recognized university or institution.
BITSAT 2022 scores will also be used by the NIIT University for admission to their B.Tech programs.
BITS Pilani is a Deemed University, and it comes under the purview of the Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD) of the Government of India. Integrated First Degree programs offered by BITS Pilani are approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC), the All-India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), and other government bodies. The certificates issued from BITS Pilani are honoured both in India and overseas, for study and work.
For a candidate to be eligible to take BITSAT 2021, he/she must fulfil the following eligibility criteria.
- Candidate should have passed class 12th examination with proficiency in English.
- Candidate should have passed 12th with an aggregate of 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- Candidate should either have passed class 12th examination in the year 2020 or is appearing for the same in 2021.
- Candidates already studying in any of the BITS campuses are not eligible to take BITSAT.
- The first rank holders of all central and state board exams for the year 2021 will be admitted to BITS if they meet the eligibility criteria.
Additional Eligibility Criteria to keep in mind:
- Only students who are appearing for the Class 12 examination in 2022 or have passed in 2020 are eligible to appear in the BITSAT 2022. Students who have passed their Class 12 examination in 2019 or earlier are NOT eligible to appear in BITSAT 2022.
- If a candidate has taken more than one attempt in the 12th class or its equivalent, only his/her latest performance will be considered, provided this attempt had been for the full component of subjects/courses prescribed.
- Admissions will be made purely on a merit basis. The merit position of the candidate for admission is based on the score obtained by the candidate in the BITSAT 2022. However, their eligibility for admission is subject to fulfilling the requirement of minimum marks in the Class 12 board exam, as mentioned above.
Below are the important details related to the exam:
|Full-Form||Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test (BITSAT)|
|Conducting Body||BITS Pilani|
|Exam Level||University-based National Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of exam||Computer-based Test|
|Application Fee||Boys: INR 3,400/-|
|Application Fee||Girls: INR 2,900/-|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Number of Questions||150 MCQS|
|Total Seats Offered||Around2,000|
|Applications Per Year||About 3 Lakh|
|Number of Exam Centres||61|
|Accepting Colleges||BITS Pilani, BITS Hyderabad, BITS Goa|
The application process for BITSAT 2022 involves different steps. To duly fill out the application form, it is important that the candidate completes each step as given below:
Step1: Registration: In the first step, aspirants must register themselves by providing a valid email id and mobile number. The same will be used by the BITS Pilani for any exam-related communications.
Step 2: Filling the form: After successful registration, candidates need to enter their personal, communication, and academic details in the online BITSAT 2022 application form. Candidates also must select three exam centres, in the order of their preference.
Step 3: Uploading of documents: In the next step, candidates must upload scanned images of photographs and signatures in the prescribed format.
- Candidate's Photograph - 4 to 50 kb in JPFG/JPG format
- Candidate's Signature - 1 to 30 kb in JPEG/ JPG format
- An attested photocopy of the Class X pass/ Matriculation/Secondary School certificate issued by the Board
- An attested photocopy of the mark-sheet of the qualifying examination and any other higher University/Board examinations passed
Step 4: Payment of application fee: After entering all the details and uploading the documents, students need to pay the BITSAT 2022 application fee online using net banking, credit, or debit cards.
|S.No.||Category||BITSAT 2022 Application Fee|
|1||Male Candidates||INR 3,400/-|
|2||Female Candidates||INR 2,900/-|
|3||For Dubai Centre||The US $90 for male & female candidates both (INR 6,300/-)|
Step 5: Submitting BITSAT application form: After fee payment, students need to submit their application form. They must check all the details and documents before final submission.
A quick overview of the BITSAT exam pattern will help prepare for the examination better. BITSAT exam pattern and BITSAT syllabus go hand-in-hand, and one cannot prepare for the examination without knowing the other.
|Section||Subject||Number of Questons|
|Part III||English Proficiency||15|
|Part III||Logical Reasoning||10|
|Part IV||Mathematics/Biology (B Pharma)||45|
BITSAT Preparation Tips
Aspirants can check preparation tips & tricks to prepare for BITSAT 2022:
- Go through the complete syllabus & exam pattern thoroughly
- Make a proper preparation schedule & strictly follow it
- Solve previous year question & sample paper
- Analyse each test to check your capability
- Keep at least last one week for revision
BITSAT admit card will be issued online only. Candidates can follow the steps mentioned below for BITSAT Admit Card 2022 download:
- Visit the official website of BITSAT 2022
- Click on the ‘Hall Ticket’ link
- Enter application number and password
- Click on ‘Proceed’
- View BITSAT 2022 admit card
- Check the hall ticket of BITSAT 2022 for error
- Download and take clear print of BITSAT admit card 2022
Details Mentioned in the admit card
All the candidates who will be issued the BITSAT 2022 admit card should check it first for any discrepancies. There may be chances of errors in the details printed on the admit card of BITSAT 2022, that may not allow students to appear for the exam. Thus, it is important to check the following details on the BITSAT hall ticket 2022:
- Application number
- Test center name and address
- Candidate’s name
- Candidate’s signature
- Date and time to the examination
- Subject opted for Part IV of BITSAT
What to carry on the day of the exam?
- BITSAT hall ticket 2022
- One passport size photograph
- Valid photo ID proof (PAN Card/ Aadhar Card/ Driving Licence/ Voter Id)
BITSAT 2022 syllabus is drawn from syllabi of class 11th and 12th standard board, but the level of questions is slightly higher. Those aspiring for BITSAT must have to put additional practice hours for BITSAT preparation. Students need to practice a whole range of objective-type questions according to BITSAT Syllabus.
BITSAT cut-offs are the minimum marks that a candidate must score to participate in the counseling process. The cut-off scores vary from year to year. Candidates who appeared in the exam can go through the table below to check the branch-wise BITSAT cut-off of last year for its three campuses.
|3||Electrical & Electronics Engineering||333||341||338||355|
|6||Computer Science and Engineering||372||383||378||382|
|7||Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering||323||328||319||332|
|2||Electrical & Electronics Engineering||306||310||308||320||331|
|4||Computer Science and Engineering||347||352||347||350||358|
|5||Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering||293||294||289||301||312|
|6||Electronics & Communication Engineering||320||322||314||322||-|
|3||Electrical & Electronics Engineering||300||308||298||310||324|
|5||Computer Science Engineering||336||342||334||339||347|
|6||Electronics and Communication Engineering||290||318||312||320||332|
|7||Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering||314||294||286||298||313|
Here is the list of some popular books for BITSAT 2022 preparation
Best Books for Physics
- Concepts of Physics by HC Verma Vol I and Vol II
- Problems in General Physics by IE Irodov
- Arihant Physics by DC Pandey
- Advanced Level Physics by Nelson and Parker
- Fundamentals of Physics Resnick, Halliday, Walker
Best Books for Chemistry
- Atkins Physical Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry by N Awasthi
- Organic Chemistry by M S Chauhan
- Inorganic Chemistry by JD Lee
- Organic Chemistry by Paula Bruice Yurkanis
- Inorganic Chemistry by O P Tandon
Best Books for English
- BITSAT English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning
- Wren and Martin
- The Pearson Complete Guide to the BITSAT (English) by One Learn Education
Best Books for Logical reasoning
- BITSAT explorer by Arihant
- BITSAT explorer by MTG.
Best Books for Mathematics
- Higher Algebra by Hall Knight and Bernard
- Differential Calculus by Arihant
- Integral Calculus by Arihant
- Class XI and XII RD Sharma
- Problems in Calculus in One Variable Algebra by IA Maron